Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Breath by Vibreo

My chest is tight, it pulls for air, water or anything which might fill it. My body burns with its lack of air, my brain screams that its dying. The world goes dark......
How did I get here? Two and a half years in med school just about get it done. For two years I've broken my brain trying to figure out 1. how the human body works and 2. how my teachers write their tests. The second is infinitely more complex. I think what they do is take the program we studied, the stuff they like, a TV Guide, 4 different med books and a baby koala and blend it all together. After words they fish through the bloody goop and pull out words, letters and phrases (which are practically incomprehensible because of the blood) and put those together at random to form our questions. Its an interesting method.
Light. Sound. A cool breeze swathes my face. My lungs pull and find precious fresh air. My muscles flex and I'm able to stand, to breathe, to live calm.
Friday, I'm done. I'm not quitting med school, I'm not giving it to the powers that be that seem to want to fail me at every corner ( with a smile on their face no less). I'm simply taking a break, getting my strength back. Do some exercise, study some simple classes, probably get a job and spend time with Jenny. When that's done, we'll see what I'm made of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home