Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What Do You See? by Vibreo

When I look in the mirror I do not see as my mother would see; a tall, strong, handsome man of 20 years. When I look in the mirror I do not see as my friends would see; a tall, confident motherfucker who is vulgar and loveable. When I look in the mirror I do no see as my teachers would see: a bright student with problems in language and discipline. When I look in the mirror I see only through my eyes and what I see is different everyday. One day I'll see a confident man who's ready to take on the world. Other days I see a 20 year old boy trying to please the world by doing good in school. Sometimes I see a frustrated person ready to turn on himself (not turn himself on :). Who are all these people? Different aspects of myself... perhaps. Why do they come out? To show me that I still need to mature... it could be. Will they ever leave me? Maybe. Most days I simply don't recognize who I see in the mirror. Most days he stares back at me as if I were a stranger "Who are you?" he says, "How will you change today?". I want to tell him that I am himself, myself. I want to say I'm strong, but I've seen my moments of weakness. I want to say I'm smart, but I've seen my moments of stupidity. I want to say I'm a man, but I've been there when I've acted like a child. Who am I? What do you see?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home